Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Week 8 BOC; the adventure


                                                              Week 8 BOC; the adventure
I Phileas Fogg was on my way through Mexico; I  have a tall tale to share with you that will have your mouth watering, your stomach gurgling and your imagination yearning for more.  Cutting through the back alleys of Mexico, with a plastic knife in one hand, and a cold beer in the other, splashing through deep puddles and aromas throughout the air, I’m on the hunt of a dead animal. Running with flip-flops, dodging rat-dogs, old ladies trying to marry off their daughters, at times running into a small stinky bar for shelter; the things I do for an edible treat to bring to you for your pleasure. Suddenly a scent, like no other cuts through the air, you can taste the salt and the lard being used to cook this snack that lingers in the air. As I’m being thrown out of another bar, I’m dodging donkeys, swinging from clothes lines, and jumping over small children selling Chiclets. No, no, I yell at the local brothel, not today, tomorrow will be better; I must move faster across the street, before the smell disappears. I see it, at the end of small dark alley, a small shiver of sunlight, shines upon the makeshift outdoor kitchen, a fire can be seen under a black metal bowl, and behind the fire is an old woman as tall as a leprechaun, wrinkled from head to toe and dark from the sun. As I ventured in the alley, with a small knife in hand, I’m surrounded by donkeys, small children; unwedded woman, and the women of the brothels that I owe money to from the other night. I hop on the donkey; grab a small child to use as a battering ram to cut through the women to reach that glories smell that I can taste in the air. This damn donkey won’t move; I’m such a jack-ass, I throw the small child at the unwedded women, kissing the women from the brothels, telling them I’ll be back, landing on my hands and knees in front the burning cauldron asking for a taste of this delight that fills the air. The old lady hands me a bag of these small, greasy, salty, puffed treats, then tells me to squeeze some lime and add powder of spices. Slowly, I place one in my mouth, the crunch fills the air, and the tangy flavor fills my mouth, and then followed by a salty heat. One after another, I consume the entire bag, licking the bottom of the bag, I look up at my creator of this treat and ask her what are they, she smiles with a number of teeth that can counted on one hand, they are the skin of a pig. Wow, I wanted more, but also give it a snack to the world to have next to your favorite bevarge.

No comments:

Post a Comment